The governing body has 12 members, all of whom are actively involved in the life of Hatherop Church of England Primary School. Primarily, we have collective responsibility for three key functions:
- Setting the strategic direction and ensuring clarity of vision and ethos.
- Holding the Head Teacher to account for school improvement and education performance.
- Overseeing the finances to ensure money is well-spent
We currently have two committees and a working group that report to the full governing body:
- Curriculum and Self-evaluation (Chair: Michael St Aldwyns)
- Finance & General Purposes with Grounds & Buildings (Chair: Sam Lawson)
- Buildings working group (Chair: Lisa Clayton)
We are committed to providing constructive challenge and support, working with integrity, trust and transparency, participating in appropriate training, and dedicating time and energy to our role. You can find our 2021-22 Annual Governance Statement here: 2021-22 Annual Governance Statement
The governing body as a whole meets quarterly and each committee meets three times a year. Further information on the purposes and delegations of these committees and our other roles and responsibilities are provided below.
You can contact the governing body by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.